Logo

92 Suzuki DT115 Start Procedure

ogk57

Does any one know what the pro

Does any one know what the proper normal start procedure for a 1992 Suzuki DT 115 or where I can find this on the net?

"Sorry, I have a '97 DT140

"Sorry, I have a '97 DT140 Electronic Fuel Injection so I don't really have a start procedure. My shop manual covers all of the way back to '87 but it does not talk about operational procedures only maintenance."

"Thanks for the reply ,Thats b

"Thanks for the reply ,Thats been a problem the stock manual I have and the Seloc manual both olny cover Technical and Maintenance details with no start procedure details."

"I have a suzuki dt115(ear

"I have a suzuki dt115(early 90s) it is very hard to start the first time in the day afterward it starts very well,and runs fine,could this be a reed valve problem?"

"dfo
I baught this boat and m

"dfo
I baught this boat and motor from a ladie that really didn't know anything about it. Most the other boats I've owned had a seperate throttle and shift control.So what I really need is when you start your motor what position is the throttle level in, when I push the key in to activate the choke I get an alarm? So what I really need is what is the normal proceudre you us when you start your motor.
Thanks"

That alarm may be the flow sen

That alarm may be the flow sensor on the engine. I have heard people say it will go off until water flows through the top of the engine head and flipps the switch so to speak. All of the EFI's eliminated this sensor.

On my controller you can press the rubber button where it pivots and advance the trottle without placing the engine in gear. Make sure you keep the RPMs under 1500 when running on the hose/muffs.

"Our DT115 (1986), we

"Our DT115 (1986), we drop the motor on to the trim rams so that the carb. floats are near their normal operating aspect, pump the fuel line bulb till firm, gear lever in neutral, rotate the ignition switch key whilst pressing it in (to activate the choke) and the engine should start. It should run automatically at a fast idle for 10 or 15 seconds before dropping back to normal idle revs. You can use the throttle lever to help it if the motor wants to sneeze and die.
For the rest of the day our motor starts at the flick of the key (without choke).
Hope this helps."

Does anyone know were to find

Does anyone know were to find a cdi module for a 92 dt115 and is there a way to test it with a volt meter

Back