Logo

1997 Evinrude 115 hp Intruder

madhammer

"Hello,

This is my first po

"Hello,

This is my first post on the Evin/Johnson board. I have recently replaced my 1992 Nissan 90 hp. with a rebuilt 1997 Evinrude 115 Intruder. I did not do the work, I paid a Johnson dealer to d the work.

Long story led me to this point - if interested, see my posts from last Sept on the Nissan Board.

Anyhow, I am very excited about the new motor pushing my 17 ft Skeeter F/S.

Simple question, I want to purchase an owner's manual, not a repair manual and I am having trouble finding anything that matches up to the model number the shop provided me.

The model # they gave me is E115GLEVG. I can't find that model number on sites like Iboats.com etc. Is it possible I have a misprint? Also, I can find repair manuals for motors of this vintage, but really no owners manuals.

I have other questions, but will start with this one.

Thanks"

"David,

Thank you. I did n

"David,

Thank you. I did not say it in my email, but I had a small neurotic feeling that perhaps I was getting an older motor than advertised.

I appreciate the help."

"OK. I must be totally inept.

"OK. I must be totally inept.

I can find Service and Parts manuals, but not an owner's manual. Not sure where else to look.

I think there may be two typos in the model number. I think the model number should be

E115GLEUC (not a G at the end, but a C)

Any ideas? Thanks"

"E115GLEUC is a valid number f

"E115GLEUC is a valid number for 1997.

E115GLEUG is not.

Anyway, it would be the same manual. You will be shocked at how similar all these motors are...if they are in the same family and year ranges.

For example...1992-1999 Evinrude and Johnson 200-225 Loopers are almost identical thru the years. And the books ...they are the same.

Go with the E115GLEUC book."

"Oh, and stay away from the Cl

"Oh, and stay away from the Clymer and Seloc manuals...my 2 cents worth.

Get OMC shop manuals."

"Doug,

Excellent advice, I&

"Doug,

Excellent advice, I'm mostly seeing Seloc and Clymer manuals.

Of couse I'm still having trouble finding a simple Owner's Manual. The parts and services manuals are really not what I need. I'm smart enough to know that I need professionals to work on my boat motors. I'm not savvy on this stuff at all.

thanks"

""For Evinrude service man

""For Evinrude service manuals or Evinrude Johnson owners manuals for 1996 models and prior, please contact the Ken Cook Company at (414) 466-6060."

This is off the shop.evinrude.com website. There is a huge discrepancy in the stated supported years.
They say they have 1997 and newer, but the site dropdowns only go back to 1999...so someone needs to do some website maintenance at BRP.

But anyway...www.kencook.com. They may have it.
(And their website is acting up too...so call 'em.)"

"Doug, thanks again. And yes,

"Doug, thanks again. And yes, I noticed the exact same problem with the pre 1999 models on the shopevinrude.com. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the problem.

I appreciate your help."

Back