Logo

318 parts identification

stuart

There is a bracket at the rear

There is a bracket at the rear of the engine which holds 3 components. ( one is a red button)

If someone could for me identify these parts and there function it would be appreciated.

"If it is the same as a 440, I

"If it is the same as a 440, I might be able to help. The red button is a breaker for the ignition (press to re-set). There is a metal cylinder with 2 big power cables going to it (selinoid). There may be a white ceramic block with either 2 or 4 wires attached (ballast resistor). There may also be a square metal box with a harness plugged into it (electronic control module).

Do these sound familiar?"

Thanks for your reply

Besid

Thanks for your reply

Beside the red button there is a metal box with the words NGRO Transpo and beside it is a component with the words Altro - Bat - on. The Distributor has points.

"Stuart, If you email me a pic

"Stuart, If you email me a picture of it I can tell you for sure.. but If it is a points system it sounds like you have the old volt. reg ( looks like a black box with a screwed on connector on one end and a push on one on the other. You can look at this web page from our site to ID the components http://www.hurrikain.com/Chrysler-Alternators.htm

Dave"

I have looked at your website

I have looked at your website and I can identify these parts.
Voltage Regulator #2847527 and Charging Relay #2095946

I have also realized that there is a wiring diagram in the Owners Manual which identifies these parts

Thankyou for your help

Back