Logo

Suzuki 25 2v 4 stroke idles great will not run

fire_capt_al

"This engine has about 30 hour

"This engine has about 30 hours on it and idles great. if I give it gas it coughs and sputters and will die if to much is given. I wasted $500 at a dealer who did the carb, changed the fuel pump and and oil. and could not get it too run said it was in the valve timing and wanted another $1000 to further diagnose. I bought a manual and pulled the power head and checked the cam and valve sinchronization it all checks out. I then redid the carb and blew out the jets. I am at my wits end. I am now starting to think it may be in the ignition/electrical/timing. Anybody else expierience this? Could the carb starter (enricher) be faulty, suggestions would be great
Thanks
Al"

Thanks for your reply. The dea

Thanks for your reply. The dealer said he rebuilt it but I beleive he only cleaned it. I took it apart and sprayed carb clener through all of the jets including the float jet I blew it out with compressed air. I didn't set the float. That's tomorrow's task.I have no way of knowing if the selinoid on the enricher is working or stuck. Aside from an electrical problem it has to be carburation. All mechanical checks out.

"Get a new mechanic. After sp

"Get a new mechanic. After spending $500.00 you should at the very least have a definitive answer as to the problem. Another $1,000 to tell you what is wrong..what next another grand to actually put a wrench to it and fix it?"

Thanks for the input. I'll

Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how it pans out with the float adjustment and another good soak and cleaning. I can't find a complete carb kit but if push comes to shove I'll order the parts individually

Back