Logo

Petronix ignition

rcahill31

Regular Contributor
"In order for the ESA MODULE t

"In order for the ESA MODULE to function I have the diagram Petronix gives you ready to go but they call for one wire to the neg. side of the coil, a engine ground, and one wire to the grey wire of the module, can someone tell me where to splice or connect with the grey wire that goes to the ESA module."

"The neg post of your coil sho

"The neg post of your coil should have two grey wires connected to it. One comes from the Main cable connector and the other comes from the ESA Module via a smaller two wire connector. Easiest way to find the right one is trace the grey wire from the ESA, to the small connector, then to the coil. Cut the wire near the coil and splice into it there. Please note that if you have the newer style ESA you do not need the resistor/diode fix. The new style will not have the loop of wire at the small connector. (#37 in diagram)
250314.jpg
"

"Chuck, I have a blue wire wit

"Chuck, I have a blue wire with a loop, the grey from the ESA is combined with a purple and comes out at the coil with two greys together since the wires are wrapped in a bunch I figure I will have to separate them somehow, thanks again"

"Yeah, the two greys are toget

"Yeah, the two greys are together. You just have to figure out which is which. May have to cut the ring connector off and use a conductivity meter to be sure."

"You can open the connector&#4

"You can open the connector(#24)and connect one lead of your meter there.
Since you have the loop (#37), you will need the diode fix. I have two I dont need if you dont want to fool with making one I can send them to you. (I have replaced my ESA module)"

"I traced it down and made the

"I traced it down and made the connection, if it does not work I will go the other way, thanks again Chuck and Hy"

Hy Stat...how the heck can you

Hy Stat...how the heck can you sell that thing for so little? I should get in on that one just to have a spare incase one of my 2 pack it in.

"[img][/img] Had it in my eBay

"
Had it in my eBay store for months and got tired of just answering questions about it day in day out...e.g.
"will this work on my electric shift?"

"do you have a distributor for my 58 Buick?"
"Can you take 300 pictures of it from all different angles and email them to me"
"

"Stat, I see yours has the jum

"Stat, I see yours has the jumper loop for the overstroke switch so I guess that's not a "tell tale" sign of new or old style like I thought. My new module doesn't have it but I dont think it's from CDI.
Learn'in all the time......."

Back