Logo

Duoprop sizes

tonycma

I am trying to figure out what

I am trying to figure out what the prop sizes would do for my cruising speed. I currently run B7's (DP-290) and at 3200 rpms I cruise @ 24kts.

What would a B5 or B6 do to my performance?

Are stainless props worth the extra money?

Thanks

"I just found out the hard way

"I just found out the hard way. I kept wanting to go with a prop with more pitch thinking I was going to go faster I was wrong I was running lower RPMs and going slow I tried a prop with a smaller pitch and got more RPMs out of it and more revolutions per minute the faster that prop spins. I also learned the closer you get to your max rpm(under the red line) you can have what they call a power prop youll gain speed on top of your speed good for water sport activities, performance, and easier on your motor."

"Duo props acts sometimes a bi

"Duo props acts sometimes a bit odd. What is important is to test several and be sure You reach the max rpm of the engine. When You have found a set that gives 3-5oo below max speed, then go back one size to the last that gave the max rpm. Do not overprop the duoprops as they load the full torque of the engine on the drive train and not like normal single props spins out a bit (slip) during acc. They are almost like 4-wheel drive compared to two-wheel."

Back