Logo

502 xl crusaders

lugnutdan

Contributing Member
"Could anyone tell me why my 1

"Could anyone tell me why my 1996 trojan express
has twin 502s crusaders instead of 454s,Was this an option?,Ive pulled comparables off of yacht world,for this boat and all of the other same
boats,have 454s.I dont understand why.

thanks danny"

"maybe yours was repowered - c

"maybe yours was repowered - check the serial number against the chart, on this site, to see if the 502's are as old as the hull. if newer than hull-> repower; if same or a year older than hull -> optional original equipment

"

"thanks you guys, Ill do that

"thanks you guys, Ill do that one other question
I had the risers changed out,we took her out.
We got the port engien up to 4000,but the starboard,would not get past 3600,back fired
a few times,and starts harder than the port .
any suggestions?"

"Thanks jeff,i appriciate,your

"Thanks jeff,i appriciate,your help had someone eles also told me wires,plugs and timming.I dont think its the gas the other engien is running off the same tank and acting fine.Im trying to go thru both engiens.and i was worried about the gas it sat for a long time.with a 1/4 tank,ive been filling here slowly with good gas and stabilizer,but im going to pull both gas filtres
plugs and wires,and see what happens."

"Is there a liklihood a valve

"Is there a liklihood a valve or two is acting up? Sat for a long time, starts hard, riser change recently....Just the sequence I remember too well."

"AL could you give me a little

"AL could you give me a little further info on
the valve problem,you suggested.ill mention it to my old shool guy,Ilike he seems to really know whats up,and doesnt mind my stupid questions

thanks"

Back