Logo

Low pressure fuel pump location

oldshore

Contributing Member
2003 MEFI 5.7L
This motor is

2003 MEFI 5.7L
This motor is new to me and not in a boat. Fuel flows through a coarse filter to the low pressure fuel pump to a Racor filter to the circuit containing the high pressure pump. (Parts manual -new returnless fuel system components figure 14)
Can anyone tell me where the primary fuel pump was originally located? The previous owner jerry rigged it to the clamp on the water canister of the high pressure pump) The bracket holding the primary pump is original but only one of the two holes on the bracket is being used - to bolt it to the cooling canister. Thanks

Thanks. I think one bolt goes

Thanks. I think one bolt goes to the block where a mechanical fuel pump would mount and the other end of the bracket goes to the bolt holding the crank mounted water pump bracket. I have to remove the current bracket which is intentionally bent and incorrectly mounted and try it on for size.

Thanks for the installation ma

Thanks for the installation manual. I think the prev.owner moved higher it as it was being wet down with bilge water. There is a water mark 1" up on the oil pan. I don't think he did a very good job keeping water out of the bilge.

Back