Logo

Volvo fuel problems

allious

"i have a 98 gm mpi engine. it

"i have a 98 gm mpi engine. it spins over fine but is getting no fuel. pulled off fuel filter and it was nasty but i noticed neither fuel pump is working. i followed the diagnostics and this is what i found, when i jump the relay terminals number 30 and 87 and the pumps turn on. i replaced both relays, still no fuel. i connected test light to to positive and number 85 in the relay and the light stays on even after 2 seconds. i hooked an ohm meter to j1-23 and terminal 85 and read positive ohms. i must admit i'm not absolutely positive i was on j1-23 though cause i couldnt find the number marked but i belive it is the 8th one up on the left bank. what could the cause of this problem be. also when i said that both pumps turned on when i jumped the relay i'm not sure both pumps were on but i believe i heard the rear one running. i know the front one near the filter was. any ideas?"

i just looked at my manual aga

i just looked at my manual again and i believe i have a tbi not an mpi engine what should i check diferent than above?

Back