Logo

2000 200 hpdi

cbriggs

last year had a problem with b

last year had a problem with boat bogging down when accelerating and couldn't get it over 2500 rpm checked all filters and replaced 2 low pressure pumps cleaned vst tank and filter and still did no good.took it to dealer and after being there 3 months they condimed and replaced hpdi pump. took the boat out after the repair and it ran fine . boat set a couple of months since and i took it out this weeked and its doing the same thing. checked the vst tank and filter and it had a little rust in it put it together primed the bulb and have fuel to it but now i cant keep it running. whats the chance ouf 2 hpdi pumps going bad in 8month period. the shop that did the repair also closed up so i cant take it back. also can the hpdi pump be repaired/rebuild thanks for any suggestion or help.

"picked up a brand new 5 gallo

"picked up a brand new 5 gallon gas can and filled it up with fresh 89 and drained all the old gas from the engine and started it up ran the boat for 20 min and it still did the same thing. just woundered how fine the strainer/filter is that is between the vst pump and the hpdi pump. it was replaced 6 months ago with the hpdi pump but if there is trash in my fuel could it get plugged up easy, thanks in advanced for any other help"

"OK you need to get a fuel pre

"OK you need to get a fuel pressure gauge on the VST
run off an aux gas tank, straight to low pressure pumps"

Had the same thing last season

Had the same thing last season. I did all the change outs that you did and ran YDS scripts until I was batty. "Just In Time" sent me some tips. Talked to Yamaha and they suggested "Link and synch" - adjusting & synching the throttle intake plates. Nothing. I finally took out and cleaned & the injectors.
Turns out I had a partially fouled injector.

Back