Logo

92 john gt 200 no fire on right bank

tlc19641982

"motor has set for awhile befo

"motor has set for awhile before i bought it, and heres what i have done to prepare for starting.
drained tank x2 and fresh gas
changed all battery cables
cleaned vro tank/fresh oil
changed all fuel/oil lines and new primer bulbs
new water pump kit
new plugs
good hot battery
after all this i only have fire on left bank, no fire on right bank . i changed power pk, still no fire on right bank. i unhooked the shift switch and kill switch, still no fire. i have unplugged the big red plug and jumped it thru starter still no fire on right bank! i am out of things to try any help will be welcomed.
thanks
dee
also i have checked comp., i have 95 to 100 on all holes."

"Check for good clean connecti

"Check for good clean connections in the 4 pin rubber plugs that connect the timer base to the power pack. Also, look to see that there are no pushed back pins, not making contact, etc."

"Also, make sure you have not

"Also, make sure you have not pinched a wire under the studs that mount the pack to the block. I saw that once...wire pinched and grounded. Resulted in No 1 cylinder no spark."

"JWB...Hey!
There are four wi

"JWB...Hey!
There are four wires in those plugs...is that one wire for each cylinder plus a ground?

If I cut one wire, (not the ground) would that kill only one cylinder? Depending on which wire I cut..."

"no-----that is chg coils and

"no-----that is chg coils and sensor wires...i would have to look at the man to get more specific......which....i can do,mon morn at 801am.."

"Just wondered. I saw one...n

"Just wondered. I saw one...not sure which color... of those wires grounded to the aft starboard mounting stud under the pack.. It definitely killed #1 cylinder and only #1 cylinder.
I painted it with neoprene dip, taped it up, and all was well."

"prob,a sensor wire..u have to

"prob,a sensor wire..u have to ck and dbl ck some of the packs,the way they mount now days...."

There is a kill switch on the

There is a kill switch on the shifting linkage. It kills three cylinders so shifting is smooth and not under full power. The switch is about $30. It just snaps in and out.

"I forgot about this post...

"I forgot about this post...

Poster...ladee george...is this fixed? If so, what was the problem?"

"sorry guys, i have been busy.

"sorry guys, i have been busy. turned out to be bad power pk, and that was a new one too. fire was good with another pk, then we had know fuel, bad vro pump, replaced that. and finally fixed fuel and it wouldn't stay running. had to put kits in all 6 carbs. got all parts from marine engine and i was pleased with the price. now my cajun runs great, had it up to 73 mph and backed off. thanks for all your suggestions.
dee"

"Thanks for the reply.
Wow, s

"Thanks for the reply.
Wow, so you say in your first post that the power pack was replaced, and then you find that it was a bad powerpack after all...
That's a hard one to debug for sure. Wild goose chase comes to mind.
But I always like to know the outcome...Thanks"

Back