Logo

Old DT65 Overhaul

colriverrat

Contributing Member
"Has anyone out there done an

"Has anyone out there done an overhaul on a 1980 2 clyinder DT65? I want to overhaul mine, bad lower rings will not idle. I found 99.9% of the parts at Browns Point, 1 single part is discontinued. It is a "labyrinth Seal Ring" it sets between the two cylinders. Is it and absolute "must" replace item???? It breaks my heart to think this motor will end up in a dumpster over such a small part.

I was able to find every single external gasket and seal along with new pistons and rings. All those combined will cost around $350. Is it worth spending that much money without replacing the labyrinth seal ring???"

My sources tell me that the se

My sources tell me that the seal part#
12321-95204 is still available from Suzuki.
I have been told that they even have stock at the
factory in Japan.
Hope this helps.

"Thanks for the part number!!!

"Thanks for the part number!!!! Is replacing this seal an absolute MUST for a good overhaul?????

It looks to me like the crank will need to be split to replace this seal. I called every Suzuki authorized service center here in Arizona and Southern California, not a single one can press the crank shaft apart.

All told me the 2 piece cranks are "un-serviceable" and must be replaced as an assembly with rods. I Googled "Labyrinth Seal" what I read was, this type of seal is a non contact seal with an almost infinite service life. Is replacing this seal an absolute MUST for a good overhaul?????}"

"Hey Joe, if you want to rebui

"Hey Joe, if you want to rebuild this motor and answer your questions give me your e-mail address so I can e-mail you and get your phone number so it is not displayed on any website. I can definatley help you with this motor. Pictures and all. If interested just let me know. I will look for your response."

"Thank You, Thank You, Thank Y

"Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Hogans!!! I sent you an e-mail with "Old Suzuki DT65 Overhaul" in the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you."

Back