Logo

100 aq outdrive direction

william0064

Hi is it possiable to change t

Hi is it possiable to change the direction (from l/h to r/h prop) on a aq 100 drive i know it is on the 270/280 drives. The reason i want to do this is that the only prop i can find is a r/h prop!! Many thanks Bill

"It should be, but I don't

"It should be, but I don't have the manual and it's been MANY years (since 1978) since I owned one.
To check if this is doeable... (and I'm 99.9% sure it is)...

On the starboard side of the drive, there is a small "box" bolted onto the side of the drive that the shift cable and a link transit. It is held in place with two screws.

Remove the screws and you will see that there is a rod that goes from the reverse interlock arm (thats the steel arm that the shift cable attaches directly to) up to the shifter on the drive itself. That shifter should be "diamond shaped" with a hole on each end that rotates a shaft that goes into the trnsmission. If there is a hole on each end, then all you have to do is move the rod that goes to the reverse interlock arm from one end of that shift arm to the one on the other end. Replace the cotter pin with a new one. You may have to readjust the reverse interlock mechanism to prevent kickup."

"Hi thanks for i info, but fro

"Hi thanks for i info, but from memory there is only a stright arm with one hole on the shifter i will check when i go to the boat later today. Also i dont surpose you could help me with my other post (ag 115 cooling) Once again thanks for the advice regards Bill"

"There are two models of the A

"There are two models of the AQ100. I have an old manual that describes the difference by the layout of the shift arms. The early unit (a) has two parallel shifting arms. The later unit (b) has crossed shifting arms. That being said my old (1983) Clymer book say’s “Rotation can be changed to right-hand on all models, except 100b” You may want to research more, as this manual does have some errors in it. GLG"

Back