Logo

1408430 140 78 Rude

kiwi_dave

Contributing Member
"Hi Folks, I was wondering if

"Hi Folks, I was wondering if anyone could help me. If had some odd steering probs on my 17 footer and whilst inspecting the lower leg, around the cav plate, I noticed that my trim tab is an odd shape? It is curled ( convex on one side and concave on the other ( ever so slightly) ?. I was wondering if this would cause the rig to wonder around when underway ? Also would it have something to do with pushing the rig starboard ", to do with water way rules in an estuary/canal/river, pass to the right port to port ?????
Also the bottom most "FIN" that extends down from the foot, was recently bent. driving down the kerb with the motor down "DOH"!!! what would the best way to straighten that up. I m abit scared as its cast and I DO NOT want to break it. Thanks DAve"

"It is Hard ... wonders all ov

"It is Hard ... wonders all over the place side to side, and physically hard toturn wheel, thought that was because worm gear cable may have required greasing ???"

"mine does it as well at head

"mine does it as well at head way speed that is common,try to lube the cable as best you can
the trim tab is the right shape,but its not going to help by turning it because of speed.
the skeg below the prop could hinder things a bit
its aluminumn and will break very easily,it can cause a slight steering prob,thy sell replacement
pieces/ drill on/or weld on typ"

Back