Logo

Chrysler Quadrajet

That's good to know... I a

That's good to know... I assume there original and you like them... Have you had a chance to compare them to any other? I'm looking at a new intake and the only model available is a spread bore....Thanks Jack

"You should have NO problem fi

"You should have NO problem finding a new manifold that's not a spread bore. Unless your looking at some special aftermarket one. Square bore manifolds are plentiful, I can send you one tomorrow... LOL"

"A well-set up Q-jet is the be

"A well-set up Q-jet is the best gas mileage carb out there. Gotta stay out of those sewer-pipe-like secondaries, though.

Jeff"

I remember Chrysler using them

I remember Chrysler using them after the TQ was discontinued in the late 80's.

Correct. Engines after about

Correct. Engines after about 1988 had Q-Jets instead of the lamentable Carter AFBs (that came from the factory with a vicious backfire built in--no extra charge).

Jeff

Actually it was 1986 and later

Actually it was 1986 and later with the Rochester's. And I have never had any issues with any of my AFB's .
David

"David - are you saying that m

"David - are you saying that my original 1976 chrysler 360's, since they have rochester quadrajets on them now, that the original carbs were replaced at somepoint in their lives? Or am I reading into your comments wrong and that my chrysler 360's could have had the roch. quadra jets on them when installed in the boat in 1976?"

"While were at it, I was wonde

"While were at it, I was wondering if they ever used TQ's on the boat engines since that's what they used on their cars since the early 70's when they switched from AFB/AVS's to a spread bore TQ's like the Q-jet.

Although according to Hemmings Carter built Q-jet's under license from Rochester so conceivable they could have been put on boats back then.

I'm was only asking about Q-jet's because I have a spread bore intake I was thinking of using."

"Dan, Yes your 76 would have h

"Dan, Yes your 76 would have had the Carters on it from the factory. What you SHOULD do is check the numbers off the carbs to make sure they are marine versions.
And on the Thermoquad question , I don't think there was a marine version but I'm not 100 percent on that, but I can't think of anyone who used them. If someone knows for sure please let me know."

Hi... curious: first time I&#3

Hi... curious: first time I've seen posting as to Rochester carbs. here... comparison; Rochester vs. Edelbrock 1409... thanx... Mike...

Your not going to get much inf

Your not going to get much info about Q-jets if you've been following the thread. They were basically a flash in the pan with Chrysler but used extensively on Mercruiser's (GM). Edelbrocks are updated Carter AFB's so that's the carb of choice plus there brand new not rebuilds.

Back