Logo

THROTTLE POSITION CABLE PROBLEM HELP ME

ruinz

"Hello, I have 1973 Johnson 50

"Hello, I have 1973 Johnson 50hp, thats not the problem I put a new throttle position cable on now when I start it I cant push the red button and push the handle forward or reverse without it going into gear When you push the button it should run the throttle in neutral its not it runs in gear. Some reason its not disengaging."

did you get it too tight?

e

did you get it too tight?

everything exactly back in order inside?.........the first one i took 1 apart a piece fell out and i didnt have a book so i had to sit there till i got it right. it was the little plastic piece that runs in the curved groove.......i still dont know what its called but it affected the shifter.

Im pretty sure i got it right

Im pretty sure i got it right its been 3 years since i ran the boat. If i remember right when you push the red button on the start run switch you should be able to push the control lever forward to raise the idle as long as the start run levers pulled up. Im not a 100% sure this is the way it works. I have another boat and im selling this one.

Im sure those control box'

Im sure those control box's had a seperate small warm up lever which you had to push down the red button then lift the small lever up

Back