Logo

Digital Speedometer for my boat

guideya

"i have a 16ft pontoon boat th

"i have a 16ft pontoon boat that has a 4 stroke honda BF30 on it.

what im wanting to do is find a digital speedo kit or combo gauge kit that i can hook up on my boat. id like to get a setup that has everything needed as i hate to buy something, go to install it and find out i need something else to make it work correctly.

also, do they make a trolling speed controller for honda outboards? id like to ge something like that to control my trolling speeds more precisely"

"The trolling speed...I have a

"The trolling speed...I have a Troll King unit which is an electronic throttle controller. I just replace the original one..it lasted 17 years on my high use charter boat. It is made by a company in Lewiston, Idaho. Company is Mari-Mar. They may not be around anymore. I just bought my old stock (new) unit from Island Marine Center on Lopez Island, Wa. They still have a few units and parts in stock. Couple hundred bucks. There are models for Honda, Yami, OMC and Merc 4 stroke kickers. Uses a servo motor on the carb linkage to adjust speed. If you want more details on how good it works let me know."

"My Honda 225 -4 stroke drops

"My Honda 225 -4 stroke drops RPM's and almost stalls when it has been warmed up and then I want to plane from a idle to high speed, When the propeller jumps out of the water in the ocean on a wave-one wave jump to the next-this is when it drops RPM's and keeps the rpm's low until I come into a much calmer intercoastal, when I have no wave motion it will rise again and plane. What's the problem ? Could it be dirt in the gas that might keep the high speed filter clogged to keep it at this low RPM's. }<font size=""+1""><font color=""000000""><font face=""verdana,arial,helvetica""></font><font face=""arial,helvetica""></font><font face=""verdana,arial,helvetica"">
yawn.gif
</font></font></font>"

"No raw water pressure, - on m

"No raw water pressure, - on my 24 Sport Pro Line -just fills up bait area and has water flowing out of the raw water hose but when attaching a hose sprayer-hand sprayer- no water comes out.........what's the problem ? [email protected]"

"John,
If you are trying to m

"John,
If you are trying to measure your trolling speed, why not just get a GPS unit? The small hand helds work very well and you can use it to mark your favorite fishing spots.
Nick"

Back