Logo

b69 Chrysler 440

jhargrove

"Just purchased a 1963 wooden

"Just purchased a 1963 wooden cabin cruiser and it has a '69 Chrysler 440 inboard (single engine). I am not experienced at all with engines and I'd like to get a book or two to enable me to have a bit of knowledge. If anyone knows of books that give the basics of marine engines and how all the components work, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks"

"You found the right spot. I c

"You found the right spot. I could barely change a spark plug on my 440's two years ago, and I'm learning from these guys every day. I have original manuals and specs on my 440m's (somewhere between '69 and '72). I'm in Newport Beach, CA. If you're ever here I'll copy them for you, but you should be able to find alot from this site. Have fun."

"You can purchase from MarineE

"You can purchase from MarineEngine.com. Under product categories you will find engine manuals by brand. I have the same engines, 1969 chrysler 440 300hp. I would have been stuck without the manual."

"Thanks for the posts, guys. I

"Thanks for the posts, guys. I'm actually looking for books more basic than the engine manual (which I already have). I'm looking for elementary books on marine engines that will give me a good education so that the manual means something to me. Kind of a "Marine Engines for Dummies". Thanks again"

Back