Logo

Should I

mjcormier

Regular Contributor
"Hey Guys : After reading a pr

"Hey Guys : After reading a previous dicussions, re: uneven compression on a four cyl engine, I found ther to be alot talk of decarbonizing, I have a 125 hp Johnson which have owned since 2000, its a 1991, and in is much as it has been well maintained, I was wanting to know if I should consider performing that procedure this spring when I take my honey out of storage, unlike Dave Real I do'nt get to be on the water year round ( I hate that guy ) just kidding Dave. So send your thoughts along with the method in which I follow. TKS in advance.
Mike"

"i would do it at least once a

"i would do it at least once a year........2 times if you use it a lot-----especially if you idle or troll a lot.

you can also do a decarb on your auto........4 strokes will carbon up also but 2 strokes burn oil in the fuel so they build up carbon deposits faster.

as for fishing all year there are some drawbacks:

a week or so ago me, my 16 yr old son, and his 17 yr old bud was fishing and decided to pull anchor due to winds picking up (bass boat). as we were going along we came across some people who had capsized their boat.................45 deg water and the guys weighed 400 lbs and 450 lbs .........we got em in (with the help of their fishing partners in another boat) but fishing in the winter can be dangerous...........not to mention so many clothes on you can barely throw a bait net."

"Dave, TKS INFO, what do I buy

"Dave, TKS INFO, what do I buy and how do I use it, glad to see you took no offence to, I hate that guy thing.
MIKE"

"i use seafoam you can get it

"i use seafoam you can get it at most auto partsw stores and some walmarts.

there are a lot of different brands.

here is a link that explains it in detail........it is a little different from the back of the can........but this is the way i do it http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=158076

it hard to get me riled up.........especially when i knew you didnt really mean it.......well maybe you meant it in a playful way...........i feel the same about people who live even further south than i do..like texas and many other southern states--------50-70 deg in the winter..must be nice-------but you also have to consider the summer time heat and the humidity.

i just wrap up, grit my teeth, and hit the gas.......seems like if you aint freezing to death youre sweating to death--in oklahoma.....and the dang wind--dont even get me started on how many fishing trips have been canceled because fo sudden weather changes--------------cold ok, rain ok, hot ok, wind not so ok, lightning is out .......i will fish in almost any kind of weather........the hardest part about winter fishing is finding someone who is as crazy as you are to go out in 20-30 deg weather with a 15 mph north wind and a chance of rain.. and the water temp hovering around 42 or lower"

Michael...we fish year round h

Michael...we fish year round here too. King salmon up to 60+ lbs in summer and up to 30 pounds in winter. A 29 pounder was taken last weekend. Water temp always 49 to 51 F year round...summer temps are 70 to low 80's F (low humidity) and winter high 30'3 to low 50's. No bugs any time.

no bugs!!..........i would lik

no bugs!!..........i would like to live in canada!

i hate bugs........especially at night in the summer......oh no my new to me boat doesnt have a windshield----that has to be done before summer.

the wife usually gets nominated to run the spotlight for night travel..........then when we get back to the dock we all have to help get the bugs out of her hair.........some places on the lake the bugs are like big clouds-------avoid those unless you are in need of some protein in your diet.

"Oh there are bugs in parts of

"Oh there are bugs in parts of Canada, but they don't like it around salt water. Vancouver Island is about 350 miles long but surrounded by salt water."

"Dave TKS INFO, Now I hate Rol

"Dave TKS INFO, Now I hate Rollie too which means I only hate you 1/2 as much, I guess if you get enough all season guys, you may get to 1/64th, what a great site.
Thanks Again.
Michael"

Avon Skin so Soft is about the

Avon Skin so Soft is about the best i have found for bugs in south Louisiana...dont help for the bugs you get running tho..i have in the past tried a motor cycle helment but didnt like the vision part or the bulkiness...i have known guys that used a welders shield...do anything you have to to keep the wife happy in a boat...best fishing partner you will ever have...especially if you have a camp...

"just use some goggles and a h

"just use some goggles and a hair net,
biggrin.gif
"

"Avon lotion, m/c helmets, wel

"Avon lotion, m/c helmets, welding sheilds, goggles, a hair net and the wife along, my god guys no wonder some guys take up golf instead. lol I hope if you don't get lucky on the water the wife at least makes up for it later!"

"How did we get from sea foam

"How did we get from sea foam to skin so soft, anyway, Rollie I am headed for Great Slave Lake 1st of august this summer,any advise, and I am glad see I am not the only one who spends alot of time fishing with his wife, the only annoying thing is she always out fishes me, last year a 4.5 lbs small mouth, i after 8 years of fishing the same lake haven't hit the 3lb range.
What would be neat is if some the members could hook up for a weekend of fishin and fun, imagine the stories that would be told, I would love to go south and try a new expereince.
happy.gif
"

Seems like a good place to tel

Seems like a good place to tell everyone of a cute set of signs I saw at a marine repair facility. I asked to use the washroom. On the washroom doors were signs reading "Outboards" and "Inboards" Not hard to figure out and maybe all washroom signs should change to this.

"[i] I would love to go south

" I would love to go south and try a new expereince.}

have you considered the Sea of Cortez, esp the coast of Sonora? very accessible, warm even in the winter
biggrin.gif
and 4.5# fish are small bottom fish. you'll be forever spoiled for freshwater after you hit school of 8-10 lb tuna, common just off coast. leave the SSS at home, bring the SPF30.
"

Back