Logo

1959 johnson seahorse motor

jojo663

"hello everybody I'm new t

"hello everybody I'm new to this forum, I have a old 1959 3 hp johnson seahorse motor I'm in the process of rebuilding for my 12 ft aluminum boat. does anyone know anything about this motor? I have the parts to do the carb, ignion, and pump on the way from marineengine also have a service manuel and parts catolog coming, I sure hope it's worth it. I came by the motor by finding a couple in a pile of old lawnmowers a guy had and was cleaning up his property, so the motor didn't cost me anything, I've parted together a motor from the two and now just need to get it running, It's my first time to work on an outboard, but with some luck and advice who knows?? any input would be appreciated. I hope I'm not wasteing my time and money as It's time to teach the grandchildren about the joy of fishing and relaxing<font color=""ffff00"">
talker.gif
</font>"

"Bob, Thanks for the links the

"Bob, Thanks for the links they look good. also for the gas/oil ratio. all i have found so far was looking like 50/1. I would have gotten back sooner but my computer was in the shop being cleaned and upgraded, I think I'm going to like this forum I tried iboat.com but found it hard to navigate that website. I'm still waiting on my parts to come in so I can get started on this motor, it's time to get to fishing.

Safe boating and Good Fishing
thumbs_up.gif
"

Back