Logo

AQ125a Solex 44 PAI carburetor jet size HELP please

"I am running a recently rebui

"I am running a recently rebuilt (last week) solex 44 PAI carburetor on my AQ125a. I am using the stock high speed jet. I'm thinking the engine is running a bit too lean because it backfires every once in a while and my #1 cylinder plug was burned to a CRISP. Annode and Cathode were non-existent. Do any of you know what the optimal jet size is for the AQ125a engine IF it differs from that of stock? Has anyone encountered this problem?

I know it is not the spark timing, and not the wires. Also, max speed (37 mph) is reached at approx 4200 rpm at wide open throttle. I'm running a 14 x 19 prop.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!"

"I think your boat is overprop

"I think your boat is overpropped. The maximum RPM for your engine model should be 4800 RPM, so perhaps you should consider using a 14 x 16 or 14 x 17 propeller.

The stock size of main jet is 155, according to Seloc."

"My Volvo AQ151C is fitted wit

"My Volvo AQ151C is fitted with twin Solex PAI carbs which flood regularly after just a few minutes of idle. Acceleration floods and dies immediately. Raw gas accumulates in manifold almost right away.
The carbs have been disassembled, soaked, cleaned and rebuilt with new kit. When re-installing I noted that CLYMER'S manual shows a choke tube. My carbs have no choke tube. Should I be concerned? CLYMER'S doesn't indicate how it functions or whether it should be connected to anything. What say you?"

"The 44 PAI carburetor does no

"The 44 PAI carburetor does not have a choke circuit. Perhaps there are variations on it, but I have never seen or heard of a PAI with choke of any kind. (but still that's not to say they don't exist)"

i have the same sort of (c

i have the same sort of (choke tune)tube on one of my carbs and have never figured where it goes.i seem to recall that when i got the boat the plastic tume from one carby went to the aircleaner.there was a hole in the flame assestor part of the aircleaner.don't know if it was put the after marker(the hole that is)is anyone the wiser on this situation?

"The tube that you see in the

"The tube that you see in the carb (or on the aft carb in case of dual carbs) is to connect a plastic hose between the carb filter and and the tube on the fuel pump. This arrangememnt is for the carb to absorb the fuel that would leak out of the pump if the diaphraghm gets perforated; otherwise, the fuel would end in the boat's bilges probably causing a fire or a KABOOM!!!

25281.jpg
"

ohhhhhhhhhhhh.i dont think i&#

ohhhhhhhhhhhh.i dont think i've noticed the outlet on the fuel pump to accomidate this hose but will have a look and let you know what the outcome is.

The choke tube I am missing is

The choke tube I am missing is internal. Check CLYMER'S diagram 84 page 292. It appears to be fitted inside the carb throat.

Back