Logo

3Ltr fumes

barrettd

"My 94 - 3Ltr blows oil into t

"My 94 - 3Ltr blows oil into the alloy airfilter and causes hard starting once warm. a quick spray with engine start seems to sort it for an hr or so but what is the real sollution? It doesn`t burn oil. Any advise would be much appreciated, I also just found my sump is rusting badly and I am about to spend a week fishing off the New Zealand Fiordland Coast( Doubtful Sound), can I clean the rust and kinda Bog it? their are some real good Loctite products out there. Thanks.
happy.gif
"

Worn rings can cause excessive

Worn rings can cause excessive blowby gasses into the crankcase which forces oil out. A dry then wet compression test will tell you if the rings are the problem.

As for the rusted sump (oil pan); leave it alone if it's not seaping oil. It will need replaced if the rust is below the paint surface.

Adding a second crank case ven

Adding a second crank case vent on the valve cover would slow the velocity of the blow by (thats currently plumbed through the single vent). That might be a stop gap measure.

"Thanks, I did a cold compress

"Thanks, I did a cold compression test not too long ago and all cylinders were reading between 177 and 185.I will do a hot one in the next coupla days. the blowby gasses are minimal but does blow oil into filter. Plugs look good as in looking clean with no excessive carbon buildup or oiling. Should I add the extra vent to a breather bottle? Thank you both."

Back