Logo

I am less than proud to say

agitator

Contributing Member
"After 6 months of frustration

"After 6 months of frustration rebuilding my 318 and fighting water in the oil and tear downs and rebuilds and checking and rechecking... I have finally completed the engine rebuild and no longer get water in the engine oil. I am finished. It runs as smooth as a Porsche, sounds like Ferrari and is as clean as Paula Dean's kitchen. I could have had this whole project completed in one weekend had I checked the risers first. One was cracked internally.I almost hate to put it back in the boat now. I've grown accustom to it in my shop. Manifolds and risers should have been the first thing I checked. If I only wasn't soooo cheap!"

I no the feeling the one thing

I no the feeling the one thing Im finding though there seems to be nothing cheap with these boats...its all or nothing

"Jeff.. You told me when I fir

"Jeff.. You told me when I first started this project, "buy an engine". But I needed to do it cheaper!!! Just for the record, I could have bought a short block asm for $250 more than I ended up spending on parts and machine shop work and I would have had a warranty. If I count my time, I lost money and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing. If this engine craps outs soon ( it shouldn't but then, it is a boat).. If it craps out soon, I am screwed. So if anybody asks me or if anybody asks you, please tell them to BUY AN ENGINE"

Back