Logo

Carburetor linkage adjustment 98

srenity

I installed the SRC kit to cha

I installed the SRC kit to change my 9.8 tohatsu A3 to remote. It appears that the carburetor linkage has to be adjusted to provide full throw at the control box. Can anyone help me with some guidance to accomplish this. The manual does not appear to have anything on this. Thanks...

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity

The adjustments are made by fe

The adjustments are made by feel at the box in conjunction with the butterfly of the carb...It's a "you see how to do it" thing rather than a "insert tab A into slot B" thing.

"Tohatsu Guru,
Perhaps I wasn

"Tohatsu Guru,
Perhaps I wasn't clear. Despit my shortening the 3300 series cable as much as possible, the throtlle does not throttle up until I have advanced the control box lever significantly. With the cover of the motor off I can see that the linkage is moving but not affeting the RPMs until I have moved the lever forward significantly.

>>ron<<
S/V Serenity"

From neutral to WOT there is a

From neutral to WOT there is about 110 degrees of travel on the control box arm. The first 30 degrees of movement will only raise the engine RPM up a little. IE It is normal not to have a porportional amount of movement for each degree of travel....RPM increases tend to occur in waves of movement with lulls in the travel of the arm.

"Tohatsu Guru

Thanks for yo

"Tohatsu Guru

Thanks for your input. I'll be leaving the frozen north for St Pete FL (where Serenity is for the winter)next week and F/U on your advice. What does WOT mean? Based on your location in Tampa, I assume that we sail similar waters.

Fair winds,
>>ron<<
S/V Serenity"

Back