Logo

Frustrated with Yamaha

"Who is fraustrated with the r

"Who is fraustrated with the run-around, stone-walling, lack of support, terrible customer service that Yamaha Motors has give been giving to the poor saps (like me) who have bought their outboard motors.
They (Yamaha) runs for cover under the guise of fuel quality (ethanol) but take NO responsibility for their engines that stall and breakdown.
They offer no help like suggested best practices or support for a product that they know will not operate at a reasonable level. They take our money, then wish us good luck, knowing that it is simply a matter of time before a user will have a problem.
Is there anything that we can do????"

As confident as I can be. I kn

As confident as I can be. I know the marina where I dock the boat and where I Buy 1005 of my fuel is very concerned about this problem in that other Yamaha engines are having a similar problem so they watch keep a close eye on the quality of the fuel. In addition representatives from Yamaha have visited the facility and they have expressed no specific concerns with the quality of fuel at this location.

"I run an 05 F150 four cycle o

"I run an 05 F150 four cycle on an 18-1/2 foot fish-n-ski. I use to top off after every outing but I quit doing that, even running the motor weekly. I had issues with what I would call sluggishness and it was not getting enough rpm at wot.
I changed the small fuel filter on the front of the motor and it turned that magic 6000 rpm at wot. It also starts up faster.
I think that filter was the problem and even at $36.00 I'll now change it every 50 hours with the fuel/water separator filter.
I also had problems with getting the primer bulb to pump up. I followed a suggestion to shorten the length of the fuel line between the bulb and the motor and that cured the primer problem."

Back