Logo

Wind outboards by Volga Motors Russia

I live in New Zealand and have just bought an old 12 horse WIND outboard. The Russian trade representatives here told me that the outboards were made to order of Mercury Marine! I have not heard that elsewhere.As of todays date - March 2011 - they gave me these numbers +7 (8422) 796016 or 323910 to call for parts from the Russian factory.They said that for an English language manual I had best contact Mercury Marine. Go figure.

Yes.I just tried to insert an image of the engine but this requires it to be at a url address so can't do that.I do not know what an older 12 hp merc looks like but the agricultural design of the WIND motor - particularly the pull start mechanism - has nothing Mercury about it. But it does look a bit like a Mercury 9.8 or 110 from 1970 from images I have seen on web - so maybe there is some truth in it - seems a strange thing for a trade attache to make up.

Anybody know where i can grab a case for a 9.9 Wind? Or anything that is close that would work with it? Doesn't seem to be a crazy size or anything.. Yamaha cases look close..(just eyeballing it)

Back