Logo

Prop shaft

david_r

Advanced Contributor
"ok my parts motor lu has a be

"ok my parts motor lu has a bent prop shaft but the housing is in better shape than mine.

i have looked at the illustrations and only found 2 shims.

so if im understanding this correctly you dont have to have 20 shims of various sizes to set up the lu?

ive put in a few sets of gears in autos, but this looks different...............is everything ready just waiting to be bolted together?.....no checking mesh and backlash?

reason im asking is because im thinking of tearing mine down and putting the guts in the good housing.

i would just buy another prop shaft but at $456 i could buy another "good" used lu......this one came with the $150 parts motor i just bought------------good deals on ebay: trim is good, had brand new starter, new coils, and extra everything (well the crank is iffy)....my kids think its funny that i just started (seriously) surfing ebay and boat trader....wife on the other hand thinks ill waste more money. she said "if it dont run why do you want it?!"....duh extra parts!"

"actually,...u DO need a sm as

"actually,...u DO need a sm assortment of shims,cuzzzz,u dont know what its going to require.......that said,.................................and not,..by the book,....u can easily swap,..just dont get it too tight....no biggie...a paper thin shim,wont make or brk,the deal..."

Back