Logo

Gamefisher 75 1977

fishon1

Contributing Member
"Hi Guys, great site here, I&

"Hi Guys, great site here, I'm looking at a gamefisher 217/58589-0, it starts very easy, and from the things I'm reading, seems to be a good one, does anyone have any info on it.
the guy wants $200,00 for it.
I dont know much about em, should I go for it,
thanks very much for any info, good or bad lol
steve"

"I don't know a ton about

"I don't know a ton about gamefisher motors but if you want the motor to actually use it on a boat and it all seems to run well with solid matinence/parts, etc. go for it. But if you want it just to collect or not use or whatever I'm not really sure about it's collector value. Also welcome to the site! it's really helpful for any motor or marine dillema"

"Stephen, if you are still loo

"Stephen, if you are still looking for an answer I think 200 is way way too much for this motor.

It is a 1977 7.5 horse Air-Cooled Eska (gone bankrupt). The powerhead itself is a Tecumseh, so while engine parts are available it's really just a lawnmower engine sitting up top of the outboard.

There are hundreds if not thousands of these little air cooled motors out there and IF this one is running very well it's worth maybe 75 bucks.

They are a decent little motor, but not worth what he is asking for it..."

"It appears my 77 7.5 doesnt h

"It appears my 77 7.5 doesnt have a reverse gear .What the f?iF TRUE ,NO WONDER THE CLOWNS WENT BANKRUPT.duh."

Reverse is to spin the motor 1

Reverse is to spin the motor 180 degrees.
100$ is ok if it runs like a top! Just remember it has a water pump that wants to be wet. Only pumps when in gear!!

Get a parts motor- they usually sell for about $20.

would you like a book? e-mail me.

Back