Logo

Yamaha f115 PTT

pistol_pete

"My power trim started raising

"My power trim started raising on me while idling. I could press the remote button on the throttle lever and it would go back down but when I let off, it would start raising again. I could make it stop raising by pressing the extenal PTT switch on the motor. But it would return raising after a few seconds. I could slap the coweling and it would stop. Any suggestions??"

Try swapping the up and down s

Try swapping the up and down solenoids over and if the problem transfers to the down function you know its a faulty trim and tilt solenoid

I would go wit the belly pan s

I would go wit the belly pan switch and disconnect it if it still goes up go wit the switch on handle

"That has happened to me befor

"That has happened to me before...it is the tilt switch on the engine shorting across internally..usually salt gets in there and buggers it up. Replace it. This is another good reason to have a battery kill switch. I know someone who had the same issue but it happened to him in the middle of the night when he wasn't near the boat. The power tilt stayed running all night, dead battery and a fried tilt motor. he had a battery switch but wasn't in the habit of turning the power off every time he finished using the boat. He is now!"

Back