Logo

BENT SHAFT

Shaft coupling wont budge! I n

Shaft coupling wont budge! I need to cut shaft or coupling both will be replaced .What should I use to cut shaft.New coupling will be two piece.

"If that's a stainless ste

"If that's a stainless steel shaft, use LOTS of water on the blade as you cut--flood it constantly. Get a fistful of blades and use only sharp ones, changing them immediately if you think it's getting dull.

Jeff"

"Before you cut the shaft and

"Before you cut the shaft and coupling, try this. Soak it with "PB Blaster" spray. Get longer bolts that fit the coupler. Seperate the halves and slide the shaft away from the coupling. Find a socket that is slightly smaller than the shaft. Place the socket between the coupling halves and set the longer bolts into place. Tighten the bolts slowly in a criss-cross pattern.Keep the tension even and work slowly, so you don't bend the coupling halves. You might try heating it with a blow torch. The socket should press against the shaft and force it through the coupling and off the shaft. This has worked for me in the past.

Good Luck!"

Is is coupling a press fit or

Is is coupling a press fit or does it just adhere to has over time?Taking one out to replace a hose section shaft goes through

Back