Logo

Crusader raw water pump

jacklavallet

"'02 crusader 5.7 gas; sha

"'02 crusader 5.7 gas; shaft-mounted raw water pump with horizontal plumbing; I need to replace the engine belt. Does the pump just pull off the engine shaft after removing the anti-rotation bolt in the bottom? Are there rebuild kits for this pump? Thanks, guys."

Yes (after you unbolt it f

Yes (after you unbolt it from the pulley) and Yes (but get the serial number).

Jeff

"Jeff... the pulley is on the

"Jeff... the pulley is on the front of the pump, and the pump is sitting on the engine crankshaft. "Unbolting it from the pulley" seems to me will just remove the pulley. ?? (Its really hard to climb in there, so I've only seen all this in a mirror.)"

The pumps I've seen are at

The pumps I've seen are attached via a flange that bolts to the front pulley. There's a shaft coming out of that flange that runs through the pump body with its bearings and seals. You'd have to remove the flange from the pulley to get it off--shouldn't be too bad a job.

Jeff

PS: Has someone out there got a photo of what this deal looks like? I'll be looking myself.

"Jeff... I got the pump off th

"Jeff... I got the pump off the shaft today... or what's left of it. It pulled straight off, and the whole back end where I assume seals are was just gone. There is a shaft and flange bolted to the pulley but it stayed behind when the pump came off. When I buy a new pump, will that shaft and flange come with it? Should I just go on and take it off the balancer?"

"..."When I buy a new pump

"..."When I buy a new pump, will that shaft and flange come with it?"

Oh yeah! And they don't give them away.

Jeff"

That original pump has been re

That original pump has been replaced with a belt driven pump. It is sold as a kit. There is a repair kit for your pump provided the housing and shaft are OK.

"Rick - When replacing with th

"Rick - When replacing with the belt driven pump - are there any modifications that must be made as well such as an idler wheel, or is a larger belt all that is needed?
Any reason they did away with the crank driven pump?
Jay"

"The new pump is much easier t

"The new pump is much easier to service and they were having unusually high failures with seals in the crank driven pump.

The update kit comes with everything you need, including a new belt. It's a pretty simple installation as well, most guys can handle it without a problem."

"Can you give a part number fo

"Can you give a part number for the kit?
I have a 2003 5.7L MEFI. It is out of the boat now, a great time to replace it.
Thanks
Jay"

"This should be the one. Have

"This should be the one. Have your dealer confirm before you buy it. If you don't have a local dealer and since it is not available through this site, I can help.

RA057031 RAW WATER PUMP/BELT DRIVEN 489.00

http://www.linesixservices.com/"

Back