Logo

Paragon pv33r assembly and parts

chris_holt

Contributing Member
"I am new to the site and alre

"I am new to the site and already added this to the end of an old discussion, so I will try a new one. sorry. After a series of stupid mistakes on reassembly of my boat after shipping accross the country, the end result was one blown up paragon tranny. I purchased a new clutch kit and have the tranny on my work bench. I opened the back of the tranny to find that the keyway pin that drives the oil pump gear had sheared off and the gear was spinning on the main shaft. The shaft did not sustain any damage, but the gear is flared and the pin is broken. I phoned Great Lakes Power only to find out that you can no longer purchase individual parts, only the whole oil pump..$$$..I also attempted to get specs for re-assembly but was told that there is no manual available, and no torque specs either, it is all done by feel. If any one can offer any assistance with regards to parts or re-assembly it would be greatly appreciated. Also, now knowing what the cause of failure was, is it nessisary to open the tranny further and replace all the clutches, or should the oil pump repair suffice?......Chris"

Back