Logo

Tohatsu 98 warming up

profisher

Advanced Contributor
What is the factory temp on th

What is the factory temp on the thermostat? Maybe you can go to one that will run a bit warmer. I know with my yamaha 9.9 I had to find a way to get it to run cooler to prevent the fuel pump from vapour locking. The factory one was 60 celcius and I tried a 50 celcius.

And that's why four-stokes

And that's why four-stokes suck....Their inability to achieve and maintain operating temperature at low RPMs. The only thing you can do is run 10-30 and stay away from synthetic oil.

"I would agree that the old 2

"I would agree that the old 2 strokes from the late 60's and into the early 70's were some of the most low maintenance, long running engines ever built. However the price for a bit more maintenance and newer technology glitches is being able to carry on a normal conversation while the motor is running and not having your guests puking from inhaling exhaust fumes all day. Gas is also now expensive enough without adding high priced specialty 2 stroke oils. 2 strokes make up less than 10 percent of new O/B sales, I think the writing is on the wall!"

"Evinrude will be disappointed

"Evinrude will be disappointed
"

Back