Logo

150 looper carbs

zackfactor

Regular Contributor
I have been rebuilding 2 sets

I have been rebuilding 2 sets of carbs on my twin 150 loopers 1993 model. i have put kits in them and now putting them back on the intakes i have been told they have to go back exactly where they came off or they will leak. is this the case? how can i tell if they are in the right spot? i have never messed with these motors and any information would be greatly appreciated.

"upon a lil research,it appea

"upon a lil research,it appears u could place them at any location on that...eng...high speed jets are diff,for diff cyl's on some engines..
they r all the same carb body and bowl,so a leak,just because u have it another location,i would say,is false info.
I always mark them,before removing,as up dates could chg a hs jet,and not others...so i ts easier just to mark them."

"i knnow which cylinder they g

"i knnow which cylinder they go on, i am concerned though that they move a little bit on the intake before tightened down, i was told that they have to sit in the exact location they were previously installed or there will be a leak, sorry i shoulda clarified this earlier"

"once u glue new oring gasket

"once u glue new oring gasket in place...screw em down...if it leaks it'll be because the o gasket,slipped,came out and got pinched."

usually do to linkage location

usually do to linkage location and placement you can only put them on one way.
if you are concerned about placement prior to removing them scrib on the float bowl the proper order.
that being said if in fact they can be installed in a differant way i always wonder whether the last tech installed them correctly but 9 times out of 10 i find sequential numbers scribed on the float bowls

goodluck the BOATINDOCTOR

Back