Logo

Is this CDX or BCX plywood

weider1717

Contributing Member
"Curious if this exterior plyw

"Curious if this exterior plywood in the pic looks to be bcx or cdx? Also is it pine or what?

is it marine plywood?

thanks

url]

url]
"

How many plies are there? I th

How many plies are there? I think marine grade plywood has at least 9 plies of A-B grade no-knot. Your looks like ACX cabinet grade from a few years back. Does it have 5 to 7 plies? ACX doesn't look like that anymore if you can even find it. Most places like Homedepot sell BCX to hide the fact that they can't get decent knot free wood anymore.

"it is 5 ply...on one side the

"it is 5 ply...on one side the bottom side which had no carpet on it there are knots...

on the other side where the carpet was and the fiberglass resin, I don't SEE any knots..if there are some they're small.

I think it's BCX but you're saying you think it's ACX?"

"Sam...

My guess is that it

"Sam...

My guess is that it is not pine, but older fir plywood that was used in the 50-60's for cabinet making. You don't really see this stuff around anymore for sale. Older wood that is straight is very stable to work with because of its age. Newer wood has to dry out and glue has to fully cure and this gives the tendency for it to warp as time goes on. 40 year old wood is great stuff if you can find it. Find some resin from a marina to spread on it (or Home D. plywood) and you should be good to go.

Wrench"

Back