Logo

Acceleration Problem 2001 Yamaha V250

"Replaced gas filter, replaced

"Replaced gas filter, replaced plugs, replaced gas/water seperator, cleaned VST. Changed oil to 2M Yamalube.

The problem began to happen when I added city gas with 10 percent ethanol and low grade 2M motor oil.

Engine fails to accelerate to full RPMs and dies out after a couple of minutes. Also, does not stay on when set to Neutral."

I haven't tried replacing

I haven't tried replacing the primer pump assembly. I heard that this is sometimes the problem if the bulb is not retaining pressure. I may replace it.

"Question..... what is an anti

"Question..... what is an anti-siphon valve? Could it be the problem? When I put in the 40 gallons of city gas I dropped the portable 5 gallon tank siphon into the fuel pipe by mistake. I was able to fish it out after an hour or so. Could I have made something get stuck by dropping the small 6" siphon into the tank fuel entry line? Or when I fished the siphon out with clothes hangers?

Picture of small siphon that went into tank.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29o0h83&s=5

Tight lines - Trying to go out this weekend if I get this engine problem fixed.

Thx!"

plug it into YDS
have a fuel

plug it into YDS
have a fuel vacuum gauge on the fuel lines
have a fuel pressure gauge on the VST
go run the boat
it will tell you if it is fuel

"One thing though, when idling

"One thing though, when idling in neutral, engine starts heating up. I was told that this is an impeller problem. The engine is a 2001 Yami 250. Don't ever recall replacing the impeller. Is this good advice? Thx"

Back