Logo

Ford Interceptor engine

david_rader

"I have a 1962 Tollycraft(

"I have a 1962 Tollycraft(500 hrs.) w/ a Ford Inteceptor engine.twin side draft carbs and Mallory ignition. The boat ran great when I used it in Oct. NOW it will not start, not even a bump even after new plugs , points ,cap, rotor. Have good spark used starting fluid and wont kick over. What else is there? Eng #NOC22R211114. What is the c.i. and firing order?? any help would be appreciated ..dave"

"If it is a 1962 engine, then

"If it is a 1962 engine, then it is a Y-Block and most likely a 292 or a 312. All the Y-Blocks with normal rotation (counterclockwise at the flywheel end or clockwise when viewed from the crank nose end), had a firing order of 1,5,4,8,6,3,7,2. Reverse rotation engines are 1,2,7,3,6,8,4,5. The cubic inch size is usually stamped on the front of the cylinder heads on the little machined area close to the block. Have to use sandpaper usually to be able to read the stamping. If no stampings, the heads have been replaced, most likely."

"Me again. Forgot to add some

"Me again. Forgot to add something that may be important. On all Ford V8 engines, number one cylinder is at the right front as viewed from the driver's seat in an automobile. The right side is numbered 1,2,3,4 and the left side is 5,6,7,8. this is different from GM which numbers front to rear so left side is 1.3.5.7 and right side is 2,4,6,8. Just thought I should add that bit if info."

"David,
The "C22R2" p

"David,
The "C22R2" part of your serial number indicates that it is(was)
a 272 cu in, 170hp, Right hand rotation motor manufactured in 1962.
The serial number is: 11114
Unfortunately this is the motor the front plate was originally
installed on. Over the years many of these motors have been
rebuilt and/or modified.
Hope this helps."

Am I correct to think that the

Am I correct to think that the R in the SN for
Right Hand Rotation is also Reverse Rotation?
A rather confusing way to designate it - at
least for the unitiated....

"You are correct the "R&#3

"You are correct the "R" in the serial number stands for Reverse Rotation, or right hand rotation as seen as looking at the motor rotation from the fly wheel end of the motor (clockwise)"

Looking for a 390 Interceptor

Looking for a 390 Interceptor Marine engine for my 1967 Century Arabian. I'm in Northern California.

hi guys i have a have a 1961 t

hi guys i have a have a 1961 tollycrafy with a interceptor E32R19764 and have bin told when i bought it that it was a 431 lincoln interceptor but think it's just a 312 has no tags just that number under interceptor..

but i have figured out that mine is a reverse rotation motor..

Back