Logo

1986 40 hp johnson vro questions

mrpeeperz

"hello, new to the forums here

"hello, new to the forums here. just a few questions on the vro system.

took the boat out today and started it up let it run for about a min and then got a honk, honk from the control box. from what i am reading here thats the control box saying no oil flow. how is this detected and is there any easy way for me to check the flow. the other thing i was looking for info on was my omc controls. i know its fairly straight forward but is there anywhere i can find some info on the controls... ie what the different horns mean, what the knob below the key is for and basic parts breakdown.

thanks
Mr.Peeperz
}"

"Is the knob below the key a f

"Is the knob below the key a fuse? My boat has a key, a kill switch and a fuse all in close proximity on the dash.

Can you attach a picture?"

"i will take a picture tommorr

"i will take a picture tommorrow.. its too late tonight... and cold as hell
"

I'd take the Vro off and t

I'd take the Vro off and throw it as far as you can and install and manual type pump then premix. A beep-beep beep is low or no oil or fuel restriction a continous beep is a over heat warning. The knob below the key is a friction control to keep the throttle tight.

"I think there are pros and co

"I think there are pros and conns to this vro system but it seems to me there is only one sure way of making sure ya motor is get oil and thats to mix it yourself, thanks guys for all your input"

ok so where would i get a fuel

ok so where would i get a fuel only pump? is there alot of replumbing to do? and is it really expensive? the one thing i really want to know is how it detects oil flow? what part actually does that?

"the detection of oil flow,IF

"the detection of oil flow,IF u have an upgraded vro,has wires and an elect module on end of vro.it compares eng rpm w/oil piston cycles.u may not,have the no oil module on it..but i beleive it would,early ones did not."

Back