Logo

07 Yamaha 50hp 2 stroke BreakIn

kpb

"New to boating. Bought a Mon

"New to boating. Bought a Monark Pontoon from some local folks I know well. They had just put a new Yamaha on it. I'm concerned that I break it in properly. Pretty much gun shy at everything I do at this point. In reading the manual I'm under the understanding that even though it's an oil injected engine that I need to premix oil in the fuel tank too through out the break-in period. It shows a 50.1 ratio. Does it sound like I'm right in that it needs oil in the gas also while breaking in? Any other break-in tips?

Thanks for the help,

KB"

"Yep 50 to 1 for the first 10

"Yep 50 to 1 for the first 10 hrs. Keep it to little more than a fast idle (in gear) for the first 10 minutes then up and down under 2000 rpm for the next hr. After the first hour you can take it up to 3000-3500 for short periods....keep varing rpms..up and down. Don't run it at the same speed to long. After 2 hrs you can do short bursts of higher rpms...the key is don't get it to hot...up in rpms and then down to cool a bit. After 3 hours you can run it close to normal, except stay away from prolonged open throttle."

Back