Logo

EARLY 90bS 200

zackfactor

Regular Contributor
"AS ONE HEADACHE LEAVES ANOTHE

"AS ONE HEADACHE LEAVES ANOTHER COMES.I GOT A EARLY 90'S 200HP AT MY SHOP AND THE SHIFT SHAFT RUSTED SO BAD IT FINALLY BROKE, LONG STORY SHORT THE POWER HEAD HAS TO COME OFF. THE FIRST 2 BOLTS CAME OUT FINE, THEN I BROKE ONE, WHICH I KINDA EXPECTED, HOWEVER THERE ARE STILL THREE MORE THAT DONT WANT TO COME OUT. I TRIED HEATING THE PISS OUT OF THEM WITH NO LUCK. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS POWER HEAD OFF? CAN I BREAK THEM AND PUT ALOT OF PRESSURE WHEN LIFTING TO GET THEM TO SLODE OUT WITH THE POWERHEAD?I NEED SOME ADVICE THANKS"

Use more heat...they should co

Use more heat...they should come out..you will screw up the paint but that is the price for not pulling them out every season one at a time and treating them with never seize.

"The joys of seized bolts - th

"The joys of seized bolts - that's why god created drills and taps - just have to be real careful, the aluminum block is easy to bugger up if you have to drill out the hard bolts.

Rollie is correct though, enough liquid wrench and repeated heat and playing around will often worry them out - I just usually don't have that much patience, so I grab the heavy duty drill..."

Back