Logo

Cleaning 2006 20 hp carb

zackfactor

Regular Contributor
ANYTHING SPECIAL I SHOULD KNOW

ANYTHING SPECIAL I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CLEANING THIS CARB BEFORE I DO IT. LIKE WHAT TO USE AND THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN IT? ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

"you are the man, i dont think

"you are the man, i dont think it is that bad but just wanna be sure so nothin gets messed up. i try to be as thorough as possible, and this customer is a real stickler"

"Now i got a new problem, the

"Now i got a new problem, the motor wont start, customer said it wouldnt start before i did the carb either. when i did the carb, i also put all new jets in it and new fuel filter, and cleaned tank. tried to start it and nothin. has spark i checked that but i noticed the plugs were dry. i dont know a whole lot about 4 strokes so where do i begin to look? do the 2 jets in carb body have to be turned a certain way? also is it possible the timing belt is broken? any help would be greatly appreciated"

"You've got spark. Fuel in

"You've got spark. Fuel in Carbs. Plugs are dry. Then you're not drawing fuel into the cylinders. (Old trick to test that assumption - take out a plug, hold a lighter next to the spark plug opening, crank the engine and see if the lighter ignites any fuel-air mixture coming out of the plug port - if so, you have a spark problem. If not, you have a fuel problem.) Check the throat of the carb for fuel residue - if so, then check the carb linkage and make sure the throttle baffle is opening. Check the timing (static) and do a compression check."

"little white thing on top of

"little white thing on top of carb. it wasnt allowing any fuel to the motor, i figured this out by petting a rag over the carb and it started after that, since there was no choke then i started looking in why else would theere be no fuel"

Back