Logo

Raw water intake hose on Chrysler 360

"Here's another one for yo

"Here's another one for you. I'm replacing the raw water intake ball valve with a proper seacock and putting in a strainer, and while I'm at it I figured I'd replace the intake hose to the water pump.
I've browsed thru discussions here about getting the pre-bent hose, but what about using enough of the good Trident water hose (w/a nice thick wall) to achieve a gentle bend radius? I noticed the hose flattening some when I was decommissioning the boat with the hose/bucket/antifreeze treatment."

"Flattening hoses are deadly d

"Flattening hoses are deadly destructive! So do what ever you have to, to prevent that. You might consider shoving a thin wire spring inside the hose to prevent a collapse--they used to come with them.

Jeff"

"What makes them so deadly? Th

"What makes them so deadly? The starvation of water to the pump? Or is it more insidious, like the risk of breakup sending junk into the pump?"

"Starvation is correct, sir!

"Starvation is correct, sir!

Had a 59 Pontiac Bonneville (great car!) that random overheated on me. It was driving me nuts 'cause I couldn't understand why. One night, as I was under the hood and buzzing the motor, I actually SAW the lower hose collapse (the dirty *~!%@$!) Changed the hose to one with a spring inside and the problem was gone.

Jeff"

Back