Logo

2002 Suzuki DF30 Oil blowing out of crankcase vent tube

seafisher5

"I have a 2002 Suzuki that is

"I have a 2002 Suzuki that is blowing oil from throgh the crankcase vent tube to the plastic black box in front of the carbs. It is not overfilled with oil and even does it when oil level is down to the fill mark. This is a 4 stroke with 3 carbs. Oil fouls the carbs and also runs down the motor. I current have it unhooked from the black box the keep it running. I did this when I again had it in the shop to have the carbs cleaned. Shop checked compression (ok) and put 10W-50 oil in and thought that might help. It has not. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim"

I have a 2008 suzuki DF60 and

I have a 2008 suzuki DF60 and I have the same problem. My boat is in the shop as I speak and there has been no solution as of a week. Suzuki tech support does not have an answer either. Let me know if you still own the motor and have problems. I pick my boat up Thursday and they said thay should have an answer by then. Troy

Have a DF70 doing the exact sa

Have a DF70 doing the exact same thing. Wondering if you got a fix for the problem. Motor seems to run fine.

Still No answer and the boat i

Still No answer and the boat is back in the shop. There is a real bad compression problem now and I'm waiting for Suzuki to decide on replacing the motor or rebuilding it. My motor is only 7 months old and I'm not going to settle from a rebuilt motor. I bought a new motor because I did not want any problems. I'm sure Suzuki will honor thier "gimmie Six" 6 year warranty.
The Last fix before the replacement was a thermostat change. Tech support advised that the 140 Degree thermostat was not hot enough to seat the rings correctly. A 170 Degree Stat was going to be placed in the motor however the compression problem stopped that process.

Back