Logo

Looking 4 a little more horsepower out of my 96 74 mpi

1996_donzi_22

I HAVE A 96 22 FT DONZI CLASSI

I HAVE A 96 22 FT DONZI CLASSIC WITH 454 MPI RUNING ABOUT 68 MPH WITH A 25 PITCH MIRRAGE PROP BUT ONLY GETTING ABOUT 4100 RPMS AT WOT IVE TRYED A 23 AND 21 PITCH PROP AND GOT MORE RPMS BUT LESS MPH ABOUT 63 TO 65 SO I WAS WONDERING HOW I COULD SQUEEZ A LITTLE MORE HORSE I CURRENTLY HAVE 385 HORSE STOCK. DOES ANYBODY NO HOW TO SQUEEZ ABOUT 30 TO 50 MORE HORSE WITH OUT SPENDING A FORTUNE GUYS

"[b]"WITH OUT SPENDING A F

""WITH OUT SPENDING A FORTUNE"

Nope.....

Btw,...
It's considered to be YELLING,+ RUDE to use the Cap-Lock...."

If your exhaust is running thr

If your exhaust is running through the prop you could gain power with twin through transom exhaust but you will gain a lot of noise too.

i have through transom exhast

i have through transom exhast but thanks 4 the input james AND BY THE WAY BONDO SORRY TO HURT YOUR LITTLE FEELINGS BY USING CAPSLOCK NOT EVERYONE IS THAT ANAL

"[b]"NOT EVERYONE IS THAT

""NOT EVERYONE IS THAT ANAL"

Ayuh,.... Whatever numbnuts....

You're the 1 who's Not making any Friends around the forums....."

"lightening the boat's loa

"lightening the boat's load is the only free way to get free mph.
snow.gif
"

"Pull that motor and put a nic

"Pull that motor and put a nice 5.7 in there, it will have plenty of power to get you into the mid 40's. Slow down, save some gas, and quit terrorizing the waterways. 1st IMPRESSION IS YOU DON'T HAVE THE MATURITY TO RUN A BOAT AT THOSE SPEEDS."

HEY BONDO NOBODY NEEDS FRIENDS

HEY BONDO NOBODY NEEDS FRIENDS LIKE U KIDES USE WORDS LIKE NUMBNUTS GROW UP GROW SOME BALLS AND AS FOR U BAYTRO DONT HATE BECAUSE MY DONZI IS FASTER THAN YOUR 40 MPH BAYLINER. I THINK ILL GO BACK TO HOTBOAT FORUMS WHERE PEOPLE ARENT SCARED OF GOING FAST. AND GIVING HELPFULL ADVICE AND NOT WORRYING ABOUT USEING CAPS LOCK BECAUSE BONDO THE FAG THINKS ITS MEAN

"[b]"THINK ILL GO BACK TO

""THINK ILL GO BACK TO HOTBOAT FORUMS"

Ayuh,...

Let me Guess Nicki,...

Your name over there is Blown 472,... Ain't it,..??

I hang out there as Well,....
So,..
I already know that You're not exactly Liked over there either..."

I DID NOT KNOW AIN'T WAS A

I DID NOT KNOW AIN'T WAS A WORD BONDO WHAT ARE U A HICK OR SOMETHING AND BY THE WAY IT'S 96 DONZI DON'T KNOW WHERE U GET YOUR INFO FROM WRONG PERSON KEEP TRYING

"AIN'T
One entry found.

"AIN'T
One entry found.

Main Entry: ain't
Pronunciation: \ˈānt\
Etymology: contraction of are not
Date: 1749
1 : am not : are not : is not
2 : have not : has not
3 : do not : does not : did not —used in some varieties of Black English
usage Although widely disapproved as nonstandard and more common in the habitual speech of the less educated, ain't in senses 1 and 2 is flourishing in American English. It is used in both speech and writing to catch attention and to gain emphasis <the wackiness of movies, once so deliciously amusing, ain't funny anymore — Richard Schickel> <I am telling you—there ain't going to be any blackmail — R. M. Nixon>. It is used especially in journalistic prose as part of a consistently informal style <the creative process ain't easy — Mike Royko>. This informal ain't is commonly distinguished from habitual ain't by its frequent occurrence in fixed constructions and phrases <well—class it ain't — Cleveland Amory> <for money? say it ain't so, Jimmy! — Andy Rooney> <you ain't seen nothing yet> <that ain't hay> <two out of three ain't bad> <if it ain't broke, don't fix it>. In fiction ain't is used for purposes of characterization; in familiar correspondence it tends to be the mark of a warm personal friendship. It is also used for metrical reasons in popular songs <Ain't She Sweet> <It Ain't Necessarily So>. Our evidence shows British use to be much the same as American."

"Gents..This is a great forum,

"Gents..This is a great forum,,let's not get to his lower level...We are older and better than this...by nick"

yea u guys are older and out o

yea u guys are older and out of date get with the program already yea your right nothing wrong with the forum just some of the people in it.you guys give me a good laugh. till next time oldtymers

"Youth is wasted on the young.

"Youth is wasted on the young. You whipper-snappers wouldn't be here if we had not paved the road for you to walk on. Please come back when you can contribute to others with your knowledge. Until then, enjoy the waters and be polite to us slow folks on the water.
proud.gif
snow.gif
"

"Easy now, Guy!! I'm young

"Easy now, Guy!! I'm young. Yes.. I drive a slow motoryacht but i love it! More room to put the 12 year old scotch, hardwood floors, flat screens and to make witty banter with the ladies!

And Nick...I had a Donzi briefly when i was a little younger. Oh... and it did 69 MPH."

"[b]"Oh... and it did 69 M

""Oh... and it did 69 MPH."

Ayuh,...

Was that the Speed,..??

Or the Activity,..??
sun.gif
"

""u guys are older and out

""u guys are older and out of date"

If that's the case, then why did you ask us "oldtymers" for help?

I suggest that you have a racing edge put on the 25P prop blades and also have it polished to a mirror finish."

I think wasting fuel these day

I think wasting fuel these days at $5 gallon at the dock is what is immature and out of date. Grow up and get a sail boat.

"NICK, try some nitrous for an

"NICK, try some nitrous for an easy 50-75 horse increase,not sure if its cg approved or not,but for the money spent ,its a cheap hp boost IF the motor is in decent shape[ no blow by,tuned correctly,and installed by some one who knows how to make the necessary adjustments to the motor ]. Just my two cents worth. TURBOMAN"

"Like I said before Old Men Ru

"Like I said before Old Men Rule we have seen/heard/and putup with guys like this, and we over-come them...that's why they need us...Gents let's move on..This guy is not worth the time...."

"John et al:

Your terminolo

"John et al:

Your terminology may be warranted but only serves to lower us to his level. Let's keep our responses above reproach and not provide ammunition to the fools the visit this site w/an attitude.
snow.gif
"

"I have a 1988 3.7lx 180hp &#4

"I have a 1988 3.7lx 180hp (470) that I am in the process of rebuilding. I've been doing some reading on the 460 ford head and have visited a few sites. Apparently, there is poor flow on the exaust side of an un ported head.(stock head which I think is called a d3ve head) The motor that I'm rebuilding needs a head.(the number one cylinder exaust valve seat was obliterated by water. The stock head is cast iron and as you all know the block is aluminum.Question: If I were to have a stock head fully ported would this make the engine run cooler? I know it also adds a little more power which I wouldnt mind. Also, Is there a heavy duty head gasket for this engine? Finally, Is there a way to run an external water pump and still have power steering and aftermarket alternator conversion. A place down in Florida makes a cam for the 470 without front waterpump impeller. Is there some other way to cool this particular engine?"

"Thomas,

I suggest that you

"Thomas,

I suggest that you start a new thread. Cut and paste into a new topic. This one is tired out!!"

hey jhon moore im not going to

hey jhon moore im not going to even waste my time with u where talking about engine's and your talking about dick u like dick or whats the deal i bought everything i own u poor son of a bitch talking about dick size your old lady was happy with it. to the rest of u guys it was good chatting but im done here as long as u keep JHON MOORE IN YOUR FORMS HE S GOT SOME GAY ISSUE HE NEEDS TO DEAL WITH P.S YOU OLD GUYS ARE NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL THANKS TO ALL FOR INFO AND FUN BYE

"Nick... I know the credit mar

"Nick... I know the credit markets are tight but you should still be able to get a loan if you want to go back and finish your GED and maybe college. Its not too late. Mortgage that worn out Donzi that you have 400 payments left on... and maybe the purple velvet sectional sofa you bought on lay away. If you do go back... make sure you take typing class!

Homey... [email protected] ...nobody is impressed with your tough guy talk and profane drivel. You're preaching to the quire as we've all dealt with our share of meat heads like you. Give it a rest.

Don't like it? Meet you in your sand box."

Back