Logo

Crusader engines

Sounds like fun! Where do I s

Sounds like fun! Where do I sign up?

Jeff

PS: On your crooked outboard...Had a Merc 350 that tried to jump into my 9 footer along side me--like a moron I hadn't bolted or chained it in place. It's a mistake I've never made since.

"It is fun..
But you know wha

"It is fun..
But you know what they say.... It's all fun & games until some one compresses a disk in their back.
Hey Jeff
Re: "bolted or chained it in place"
they are tied down / sort of.

See photo 3,
They are all tied down so when the engine kicks out & the clamp brackets break, you aren't sharing the cockpit with a propeller turning 7,200 RPM.

Day 2 of the race mine was thru bolted to the transom. Much more enjoyable race NOT having to fight the engine back into position 15 or 20 times, but then your limited to 1 setup.

248268.jpg

248269.jpg

248270.jpg

248271.jpg

248272.jpg

<font size=""-2"">Photos by Kevin Johnson</font>
248273.jpg

<font size=""-2"">Photo by Unknown</font>"

Whoa! Good stuff.

Jeff

Whoa! Good stuff.

Jeff

PS: Neck operation was a success. Plenty sore--and it looks mighty UG-ly--but it's behind me.

"I couldn't resist

Talk

"I couldn't resist

Talk about over powering a sheet of plywood !
249137.jpg
D Stock Hydro"">

I here that the water is better, when your at the front of the pack.

Fred 156-M"

There is a caption that goes a

There is a caption that goes along with the last picture Jeff :

" The landing wasn't so graceful!
Wakefield '06 - the prelude to over a year of rehab and a new boat."

Fred 156-M}

"Though I love my "big boa

"Though I love my "big boat", I have a lot more fun with my dink boat. This winter, in addition to the usual cleaning and repainting, I added a longitudinal "Dillion Step" to improve high speed running.

And I can't keep building trick motors to power it. Last winter I built a Merc 25 looper mounted on an old Mark 30 tower and lower unit. This winter I added a 40 cube four cylinder (about 45 hp) to another Mark 30 setup.

That done, I'm presently building a 3 cylinder 65 hp powerhead that will go on a Mark 55 tower and leg for "next summer".

Tons of fun!

Jeff"

"Reflecting back on a few mome

"Reflecting back on a few moments relaxing last weekend, in Augusta Michigan , out at Eagle Lake.

287144.jpg

287145.jpg

Brett L. 156-M"

""A" class = 15 horse

""A" class = 15 horse power OMC, 10 foot boat, + driver, & fuel must weigh (at least) 350 pounds at the end of the race. (more weight = slower boat / better ride). Our class is called.
A S R
.. t u
.. o n
.. c a
.. k b
. . . o
. . . u
. . . t
48 mph will almost always get you last place. 52 - 54 will put you competitive.
michiganhydroplane.com

The big Merc on the sheet of plywood in the picture above, is a D class Hydroplane (DSH) 44 cid / 70+ mph of (fun?)

Fred 156-M"

Back