Logo

Mercruiser 62L MPI spouting water from front engine cover fitting

ezitelli

Yesterday I discovered water s

Yesterday I discovered water sprouting from an apparent fitting on the port side of the assembly between the water pump and the block. Cannot find it on the Seloc online manual I just purchased. The water fountains out from what appears to be a threaded fitting (male) onto which another fitting/hose/plug would thread. Any ideas? No water in the engine oil. No loose hoses.

"[b]"The water fountains o

""The water fountains out from what appears to be a threaded fitting (male) onto which another fitting/hose/plug would thread."

Ayuh,...

I guess if you can't tell Us anymore than That,...
The Best Advice I can come up with is,...
Screw it back into whatever Fitting/ Hose/ Plug that it belongs in....

Gotta Picture,..??"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
247748.jpg
247749.jpg

Here are two photos: one with a yellow marker pen inserted into the fitting from which water is spouting and one with the pen removed to improve visibilty. Is this where a sensor should be inserted? Would there be nut the screws done onto the fitting to hold a sensor in place?"

Use a brass plug. Put some pl

Use a brass plug. Put some plumber's putty into the bottom of it and then squirt some PB Blaster on it and let it soak for a few days. Then try to back it out. You may need to drill it and use an easyout bit to remove it.

"Ayuh,....

That's eithe

"Ayuh,....

That's either a 1/2", or 3/8" square drive, just like the ratchets,...

Stick the appropreate sized Impact Gun in there,+ Pull the trigger...

Then like Guy says,...
Dope up a Pipeplug,+ Screw it back in....

Btw,....
If you ever want to add forced hot air heating to your cockpit, with a hotwater heater,....
That's where you tap in for the Hot Water....
You'd return it to the same lookin' plug in the Circulating Waterpump...."

Back