Logo

New Website Opinions wanted

linesix

Advanced Contributor
"Guys,

I have spent the rec

"Guys,

I have spent the recent slooooowwww period working on my website (OK telling my daughter what I wanted on it, she's been really patient with me).

Anyway, she has it up and running and I'm going to be doing a lot of tweaking in the upcoming weeks. I'm much better with cast iron than I am with silicone but she got me a pretty good start, so I'm going to try to take it from here.

I am soliciting your opinions regarding links, content, layout etc. I know most of you guys are much better at this than I am so your input is greatly appreciated.

http://www.linesixservices.com/

Thanks in advance,
Rick"

Rick you'll want to view y

Rick you'll want to view your site with different monitor resolutions. Your lower two images show different placement and cover part of the text. I wonder if you even really need the two smaller images on the main page? Everything else looks very professional. Meta tags could include a better description of the site.

"Ayuh,...

It looks Pretty d

"Ayuh,...

It looks Pretty darn Sharp Rick,...

If I was a manufacturer looking for a professional On-site Rep to take care of customer's Details,...
I'd give ya a Call...

'course,...
I already Know just how sharp of a Tech you are.....
wink.gif
"

"Looks great. On the 3 pics un

"Looks great. On the 3 pics under the "About" tab. The upper one isn't labeled like the lower two. Is that a craine installed?

Also - Since you are paying for the domain: "linesixservices.com", it is inexpensive to have the same web hosting firm set you up an email under the same domain instead of the yahoo domain. (info@linesixservices for example vs linesixservices@yahoo). Yahoo can do it as can firms like GoDaddy.com."

"Thanks guys, I appreciate the

"Thanks guys, I appreciate the input and the kind words. I will be continually updating and improving it.

Mistahays, the site is hosted by Yahoo. I also have e-mail serice through Comcast which is automatically forwarded to my Yahoo address.

I just dropped my daughter off at the airport. She's heading to Houston for a few weeks then as soon as she gets home she leaves for Peru for a few more so progress may be slow. Hopefully I won't screw it up before she gets back.

Thanks again,
Rick"

I think your site looks great.

I think your site looks great. Will look real professional if she can set up an email address under the @linesixservices.com domain... even if it just forwards to your Yahoo. Thats what i do with my company.

Another suggestion is to have a tab where you can post pics and text about some of your best work. ... change it up now and then to keep it interesting.

"I like it. Could you show so

"I like it. Could you show some pictures of your staff and facilities, maybe some jobs in progress?"

Back