Logo

Duel fuel tanks

jclays

Regular Contributor
I have twin 350 crusaders &#40

I have twin 350 crusaders (GM) and duel 70 gal tanks current separated. Is it better to have them separated or to have a pipe or fuel line between the tanks to balance them. Currently my starboard engine burns 1 to 2 gallons more than the port engine.

"i'd keep thte fuel system

"i'd keep thte fuel systems separated; independent systems are good ideas, especially on a boat. The only benefit to having a single tank is the single fill & vent fittings."

"Separate! You could literall

"Separate! You could literally sink your boat, or overflow a tank, if they were interconnected.

Jeff"

Separate tanks also make it ea

Separate tanks also make it easy to quarantine bad fuel. My dual tanks are interconnected by have a valve to keep them separate unless I need otherwise.

"Interconnected, if it means a

"Interconnected, if it means a hose at the bottom of the tanks to force equal levels, is not approved by the safety agencies for gas. It's not even allowed to have a drain plug on the bottom. Any gas hoses below fuel level are a hazard. So, it goes: explosion, then sinking...

If "interconnection" means a valving arrangement to allow any engine to pull from either tank, then there are approved methods for doing so."

Back