Logo

Converting from a 90HP Carb to a 115 Optimax

pflcjl

I have a 16 Dauntless with a M

I have a 16 Dauntless with a Merc 90HP 2 Stroke Carb and I want to repower to a 115HP 2 stroke Optimax with a smart guage.
Can someone give some idea if this is possible and what will I have to change. Can I still use the center console mounted ignition. Will my remote control work on the optimax? Will the Tach and volt meter and the water pressure guages still work that are center console mounted on the boat? Anything else I need to consider.

Thank you

"Should hook up fine. You will

"Should hook up fine. You will need the converter to change the smartgauge feed over to analog if you want to keep your existing gauges, but that is way cheaper than converting over to the smartcraft gauges themself. Depends what you want to spend.."

Thanks for the info...Question

Thanks for the info...Question is: The smartcraft gauge comes with the motor...So Can I still use both the analog and SmartCraft Guages??

Also Do you know if the smarcraft guage can be monted as a pod mount instead of flush mount? I have no room on the dash to flush mount it...but I have plenty of room on top of dash to pod/top mount it. Thanks..

As far as I'm aware it an

As far as I'm aware it an either/or situation. The harnes which feeds the "new" gauges is what you would plug into the module that converts the signal to analog.

But best to ask Merc that one. The latest/greatest products of today won't end up in my garage workshop until long after the warranty is over and someone is just trying to "band-aid" the motor together for one more season - so I don't get to look at these first hand...

Back