Logo

Bravo 3 shift problem

howlettrs

I replaced my 1994 Bravo 3 dri

I replaced my 1994 Bravo 3 drive with a newer one approx 2006 or 7. I bought it from a marine dealer in CA at an auction. The older drive had the added cavitation plate on the back and the newer one has the elongated hole which I bought the plastic incert to take up the play. I was in a hurry so I didn't check the action before put it back in the water. The drive would go in reverse fine but forward requires to a further forward movement thereby increasing the throttle prior to engaging. I pulled it back out of the water and pulled the drive to check and the cable is in the correct position and engages the drive correctly. There was no issue in shifting with the older drive. last year I also replaced the gimble ring and shift cables. I'm wondering if there are differences between older drives and newer ones in the amount of travel the shifter cable must move? This newer drive came from a boat dealer in CA and was removed from a new boat because the ower said there were problems. The dealer said he went throught the drive and found nothing wrong. I can see where the cover plate for the shift linkage was removed at one time.

"Ayuh,...

I don't know,

"Ayuh,...

I don't know,... I just picked up my 1st Bravo,+ haven't done anything with it yet....
but,...
If you Click Right Here,...
You'll have your very own copy of the factory mercruiser Bravo manual...
Maybe you can figure it out from that....
happy.gif
"

Back